Gales is a versatile sound device that combines vintage tape processing with sophisticated digital effects. Its microdelay matrix provides precise control over comb-filtering and analog sounds. With Gales, you can create simple, smooth chorusing, deep, modulated spaces, and nostalgic wow-and-flutter effects. You can use it to manipulate audio into new and unique forms or to craft subtle spaces for your instruments in the mix.
• Utilizes a comb filter with micro-delay
• Features a tape filter that simulates wow and flutter "aging"
• Offers 5 adjustable parameters for filtering, chorus, and delay characteristics
• Includes a "Split" control for manipulating the left and right channels
• Includes a "Noise" fader for adding tape character to the sound.
GALE adjusts the amount of comb filtering. It acts as a master control for the amount that the first 5 controls (DREDGE, OFFSET, STASIS & SPLIT) affect the sound.
OFFSET adjusts the feedback matrix and DREDGE adjusts the depth of the filtering.
STASIS lets you adjust how much "drunk walk" randomness is added to OFFSET — creating naturally interpolated modulations.
TAPE adds an analog cassette-style "age" to the audio after the comb filtering. NOISE adds tape loop and mechanical noise.
SPLIT is a unique parameter that separates the left and right channels by a few milliseconds - creating wide space and phase reflections.
SHUFFLE gives slight variations to DREDGE, animating it around its current setting.
• OSX 10.8 or Windows 10 x64 (Puremagnetik Plugins run as M1/2 Native)
• Audio Units or VST/VST3 compatible audio host